Awaiting you in your suite
- Fresh flowers, fruit and chocolate
- A personalised welcome and general information folder
- Super King bed, or two King singles
- Quality linen and bedding
- Flat screen TV with Sky
- Electric blanket
- Complimentary WIFI
- Spacious private en-suite with fluffy towels
- Soft bathrobes
- Heated towel rails
- Hair dryer
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Radio alarm clock available on request
- I-pod docking station available on request
- Individual outdoor seating
- Tea and coffee making facilities
NZ$300.00 per night – double\twin
Rates are per room, per night, for a maximum of two adults and include a continental and cooked breakfast, plus complimentary pre-dinner glass of wine, and canapés.
What is a Pukeko
Pūkeko is the common name, derived from the Maori language, for the Purple Swamp Hen (Porphyrio porphyrio) of New Zealand. According to the Heather and Robertson Field Guide, the bird seems to have become established in New Zealand about 1000 years ago.
In Maori Culture
The colour red was associated with nobility and power by Māori so the Pūkeko was held in high esteem because of its red beak and legs.